Friday, December 27, 2013

Family


The love I feel for my sons
Stops me in my tracks
There is nothing but the unknown and familiar
Streaming from their eyes.

The wide and vast
The tender and questioning
The sure and true.

They are more real than anything I ever created.

I cannot hang them on a wall and say,
I can’t really price this, either,
because it is my life
It is everything I could never ever speak
I could only know this life in myself
through paint,
through sons.

Life
Like this
is not for the weak at heart.

These sons
Carry all my trust
And love.
And theirs.
And his.

I trusted one man, finally, kind of.

Beyond awesome.

Something only we can know.
This love is our secret.
This love is the life we lived
Alone
With our selves
As we all grew up
Together.

I call it Family.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh a mother with sons can only understand this special love! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete